The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program that allows individuals who have worked in Canada for at least one year to immigrate permanently. CEC is geared primarily for foreign students and foreign workers. CEC may be fastest option for achieving Canadian permanent residence for international graduates.
The government of Canada recognizes the deep pool of talented workers already working in Canada, and wants them to become permanent residents. These are individuals and families who have set down roots and made plans for the future in Canada.
Prior to 2015, Canadian Experience Class applications were managed on a first-come, first-served basis. Since 2015, however, Canadian Experience Class applications are processed under the Express Entry immigration selection system.
Work experience acquired in Canada without valid work authorization will not be considered. Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
As of January 1, 2015 foreign nationals will be selected through Express Entry System and must receive invitation before they may apply. Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, if they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.
To qualify for the CEC through Express Entry, you must have:
- at least 12 months of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last three years (before you apply). The work was: full-time OR an equal amount in part-time
- gained your work experience in Canada with the proper authorization
- take approved language test and meet minimum requirements
- planned to live outside the province of Quebec
To be eligible for the CEC, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three
years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC),
skilled work experience means:
- Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least
- 12 months of full-time work: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
- equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
- 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- If you your experience doesn’t meet the duty and job description requirements set in the NOC, IRCC may not accept your application.
Fees are collected upfront upon signing the contract. All fees are deposited into a client trust account and is considered client property until we invoice you for services rendered as per the contract.
*Additional fees may include but is not limited to government fees, medical fees, IELTS exam fees, etc are to be borne by the client(s). Any additional costs associated with processing a file are to be borne by the client.